Crispy Ice Creamwich Sundaes
Great for dessert! These no-bake, ice cream and cereal sundaes are topped with cherry sauce.
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- RED CHERRY TOPPING
- 1 can (1 1/4 lb.) frozen cherries, defrosted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cherry syrup (drained from fruit)
1. In medium mixing bowl, mix together KELLOGG'S® SPECIAL K® cereal, coconut,
and walnuts. Sift brown sugar over mixture, add butter and toss lightly to
2. Press half of mixture into buttered 8 x 8-inch pan; spread evenly with ice
cream. Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture; press down lightly. Cover;
freeze until firm. Cut into squares.
3. Prepare Red Cherry Topping; drain cherries, saving syrup. Combine sugar
and cornstarch in saucepan; stir in cherry syrup. Cook over medium heat,
stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and clear.
4. Remove mixture from heat; stir in cherries. Cool. Top squares with Red