"Fried" Ice Cream Bars
Top and bottom layers of crunchy cereal give this ice cream dessert the flavor of fried ice cream balls.
- 5 cups Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® Froot Loops® cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts vanilla or chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (optional)
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (optional)
1. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with foil, allowing excess foil to hang over edges. Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG’S FROSTED FLAKES® cereal and KELLOGG’S® FROOT LOOPS® cereal. Drizzle with butter. Toss to combine. Sprinkle 4 cups of the cereal mixture in prepared pan.
3. Arrange small scoops of ice cream over cereal mixture. Carefully spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with remaining cereal mixture, gently pressing into ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours or until firm.
4. Use foil to remove ice cream from dish. Cut into sixteen bars. Serve topped with caramel sauce and whipped topping (if desired).