Froot Loops® Cake Pops
Any flavor of cake mix will work in these pops—pick your favorite.
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) strawberry-flavored cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned cream cheese frosting
- 1 pound any color confectioner's candy coating (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups Kellogg’s® Froot Loops® cereal
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake in 13 x 9 x2-inch baking pan. Cool completely.
2. In large mixer bowl crumble cake into fine crumbs. Spoon frosting over crumbs. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until combined.
3. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Use hands to shape cake mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls on ends of cake pop sticks. Place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Loosely cover with wax paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt confectioner’s coating according to package directions. Remove a few cake pops from freezer, keeping the rest frozen. Carefully dip into coating, allowing excess to drip off. Press KELLOGG’S FROOT LOOPS cereal onto coating. Place on the second prepared baking sheet or in cake pop stand. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
Note: For sixteen cake pops, prepare cake according to package directions. Cut cooled cake into thirds. In large mixer bowl combine 1/3 of the cake and 1/4 cup of frosting. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until combined. Continue as directed in steps 3 and 4 above, except reduce confectioner’s coating to about 5 ounces. Reserve remaining cake for another use.